As most of you know the voting round for the 4th annual Mashable awards has begun. The past three years showed a great increase in Mashable followers and has strengthened Mashable as an online brand and leader. Last year alone there were 440,000 nominations with over 70,000 nominees and 780,000 final votes. And Mashable has grown twice in size since the last year which means we can expect a grand online presence for any person able to qualify for the finals starting 1st December.
The number of votes is expected to go over million, and you know what that means. This kind of internet promotion is not something you can buy. The first round of voting has started and it lasts until 29th November, after that top 5 of each of the 21 categories will go to the finals.
The categories in which you can vote every day for each of the categories, 1 time a day each day, are:
- Best Location-Based Service
- Best Mobile Device
- Best Mobile Game
- Best Mobile Platform
- Best Mobile User Experience
- Best Music Discovery Service
- Best New Gadget
- Best Online Game
- Best Social Media Management Tool
- Best Social Media Service for Small Business
- Best Use of an API
- Best Web Video
- Best Website User Experience
- Breakthrough Website Design
- Entrepreneur of the Year
- Most Creative Social Good Campaign
- Most Creative Social Media Campaign
- Most Promising New Company
- Must-Follow Brand
- Must-Follow Non-Profit
- Must-Follow Personality
I probably wouldn’t be covering this as much, maybe a few lines or a paragraph would do, but since I was nominated by one of my clients I wanted to share this with you. Of course the rules are simple and you can nominate yourself and vote for yourself each day until 29th November. Well, I was nominated for Must-Follow Personality and I hope you will vote for me.
For those of you in the online industry I don’t have to explain how much the exposure a person or a brand can get from this can mean for your online business. I am clearly aware of that fact, which is why I have no problem with shamelessly promoting to vote for me.
So please, if you have the time vote for me for the Must-Follow Personality of the 2010 4th annual Mashable Awards. Again, you can vote every day until 29th November in each of the categories.
About The Author
Zarko Zivkovic is the founder and CEO of Practical SEO and also a passionate blogger. All of his free time he dedicates to his Practical SEO blog and giving free advice as well as participating in the blogging community.
Connect with me on Facebook | Twitter | Google + | LinkedIn
- Link Building Campaign, How to Prepare and Where to Start
- List of 30 Do Follow Websites to Submit Your Articles
- Keyword Rich Anchored Links Everywhere Or Building Authority With More Natural Looking Links
- Creating Social Media Accounts – How to Start a WordPress Blog Step 3
- How to Create a Website Worthy of Traffic