I thought long and hard on how to start the article marketing section, explaining how to write an article is basically what every other site will offer you as their first article marketing opening. But since the last article I posted on Practical SEO was about useful SEO resources I thought it would be a good idea to post another list of useful resources, a list of 30 do follow websites where you can submit your articles.
Before we get to the list let me just explain one little thing. For the true beginners it is probably confusing why you need 30 do follow websites to submit your articles as one will do, you probably think someone will like the article and syndicate it, so you will get a free link. If that was the deal than all of us would write one article a day and watch the money roll in, unfortunately that rarely happens. And even if it does happen you might just find out that the article was syndicated without your link or your resource box in it. In better words, you can’t rely on others; you have to do the work yourself.
Now here are two very important things to remember, first never spin your articles if you know what spinning is. That is a BS scheme made up by someone to try and save time. If I want to save time I will outsource, I won’t spin my articles, because you get BS articles that no one will read and no one will follow your link. And we are not just building links here; we are trying to drive organic traffic to our site with these articles. The other thing is the list of 30 do follow websites, do follow is only for Google, let me explain.
Other search engines like Yahoo or Bing will index your site no matter what attribute you put, “do follow” or “no follow”, while Google made their algorithm specifically not to follow “no follow“ links. Now, remember, Google is grand and almighty, but you will get at most 40% of your traffic from Google, so don’t dismiss other search engines. I have seen too many people make the same mistake, never submitting to websites and article directories that have no follow attributes for their links. If you do that you are locking yourself in with Google, and that is what they want, but that is not what a person that wants to make money online need to do, embrace the little guys and you will see how much traffic they can send your way. But, since Google is Google, this list of 30 do follow websites is so you would know where to put your focus first, other article directories and blogs will also serve their purpose in the long run.
30 Do Follow Websites
1. Ezine Articles, from the top of my head this is the first and the best article directory online, if your article is published you will see the results, trust me. Ezine articles are the top of the chain in the online article industry.
2. HubPages, I know many would place number two to be also one of the fine article directories around, but from my experience the number two should and is going to HubPages. The greatest community to submit your articles and also a great place to build your links, if you stay active on this site it will pay off.
3. Squidoo, a very similar site to HubPages, you have all the options that HubPages offer, maybe even more, but I just don’t sense the love for Squidoo as I do for Hubs.
4. Blogger, of course there is always Google and their little toys. You can create a blog here and the best part about it is that it will always get indexed fast, which is the reason why many of us use Blogger, the alternative is much better.
5. WordPress, the mentioned alternative. Now WordPress is my personal choice of platform, free, easy to use, great plugins and great way to customize and optimize your website anyway you like. Well, in this case we are talking about WordPress.com where you can create your free blog just like with Blogger.
Before I go to number 6 I can say that I have no desire to either rank them or tell you which one is better, the rest are just the rest, they have their purpose but none of them stands out specifically. But, seeing that this is a list I will try to rank them according to my positive experience with them.
6. VOX – Update, VOX has closed down its doors. Sad day…
7. LiveJournal, never could quite get Live Journal as no one there is writing a journal, it’s all shameless promotion as almost everywhere else. Well, Xanga is like an exception, but Xanga is not mentioned here since they are “no follow”, wait, I just mentioned them, didn’t I?
8. Tumblr, now this is really a good place to blog, if you can connect with people there this is a golden mine for backlinks and traffic.
9. Blog, or Blog.com, it says it all. This is a WordPress powered site so it’s easy to use and easy to customize, just my kind of site.
10. Gather, this is a site that really resembles HubPages, although it will be ten times harder to make people to follow you for some reason. Based on my experience I can’t imagine why the site would be called Gather!
11. MuBlogs, Update, MuBlogs has shut down.
12. Netcipia – Update – Netcipia is no longer available.
13. SOSBlog, this site is giving me a headache lately. When I started using it they were “do follow”, then they switched to “no follow” and now they are back to “do follow”. Don’t be surprised if you find it “no follow” by the time you get there.
14. Blogster, another cool blog site that offers you the insight of other bloggers so you can connect.
15. Aeonity, I’m new to this one so I’m still getting used to it, but so far it looks cool.
16. Go Articles, now this is a great articles directory, I really don’t know why it didn’t pop up sooner, I’m using more blogs these days than article directories.
17. Article Dashboard, obviously an article directory.
18. Amazines, another article directory.
19. Article Rich, another article directory.
20. Isnare, a good article directory.
21. Sooper Articles, yet another article directory.
22. Article Click, guess what this is!
23. Info Barrel, now this is what I’m talking about. Somehow I managed to avoid this site for quite some time, but I like it more and more each day.
24. Article Slash, guess what?
25. Articles Factory, slaves, other are writing articles for free and they are earning from it. Just kidding, this is a solid website you should use.
26. Upublish, another one. I won’t say what because this page will have over 10% certain keyword, which would not sit well with the Google!
27. ACME Articles, I only wish Coyote will catch that bird for once.
28. Article Bliss, another one.
29. Multiply, cool blog site, also a new one to me, but I like it so far.
30. Bloguni – Update, Bloguni is no longer available.
And here is a bonus, number 31.
31. MyBlogSite, it’s not my blog site, it’s someone else’s blog site, but it’s a good blog site.
There are a few more in the online sea but this is more than enough to get you started and overwhelmed with the amount of work ahead of you.
So, before we get to the article marketing and how to, you are all set and ready to start creating your profiles, which is the first thing you need to do if you want to deal with article marketing. I hope this list of 30 do follow websites helps. After all, this is practical SEO, and we are here to give you a practical way of doing things that work.
About The Author
Zarko Zivkovic is the founder and CEO of Practical SEO and also a passionate blogger. All of his free time he dedicates to his Practical SEO blog and giving free advice as well as participating in the blogging community.
Connect with me on Facebook | Twitter | Google + | LinkedIn
- Link Building Campaign, How to Prepare and Where to Start
- Keyword Rich Anchored Links Everywhere Or Building Authority With More Natural Looking Links
- List of 30 Do Follow Websites to Submit Your Articles
- Advanced Preparation for SEO Campaign + Link Building Plan Blueprint
- Top 3 SEO Link Building Tools Any Webmaster Should Use